Why Are You Having Meetings? Raise Your Productivity
I personally don't deal with as many "meetings" as I once did in the past, yet every once in a while I have someone ask me to meet up to talk about some biz. My first question is what is the meeting about? A meeting is a waste of time unless there is an agenda and an action plan that results from the meeting. The action must also be taken and held accountable.
Would you like to get more productive? Stop having meetings to have meetings. You will get so much more done in a day, and if you're going to have a meeting, require the following:
- It is scheduled. Impromptu meetings are the biggest waste of time.
- There is an agenda. No agenda, no meeting.
- The meeting serves an actual purpose, and your role or attendance is necessary for the meeting to function. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a meeting as a "bump on the log" because the decisions had absolutely nothing to do with my role, and my input wasn't necessary for the decisions to be made.
- As mentioned above the meeting must have purpose, and from that an action plan is set into motion. If you're not going to take action on something, why meet? We essentially met to have a conversation.
- Last, there must be accountability to the action plan. If you're going to have an action plan, it is important that there be accountability to the execution. Who will you follow up with to establish the action plan has been executed? Have you ever been in a meeting where an action plan was set, and action was never taken? You meet again, and the same challenge is addressed, and another action plan is set. It becomes a vicious cycle. Do the work.
If you find yourself needing help to conduct high level meetings that creates movement in your business, I can help you with that. Get more productive by doing less with more results oriented meetings. The time you get back will allow you to do some amazing things for your business (and by the way get time back in your life).
Change Your Business and Life by Hiring Jeremy Williams as a Coach Today
Are you needing to get clarity in your business? Do you feel like you're all over the place and lack focus and direction? This is exactly why you should consider hiring a business coach to provide you direction and different perspectives on your approach to building a successful business. Learn more about the one-on-one coaching opportunity offered to small businesses at Red Hawk Coaching.
Author: Jeremy Williams is the Owner/CEO of Red Hawk Coaching, and #1 Amazon Best-Selling Author. For more information about coaching opportunities with Red Hawk Coaching, visit www.RedHawkCoaching.com.
Unlock Your Potential with Real Estate Coaching! Invest in Yourself and Get the Results You Deserve. Contact Red Hawk Coaching Today!