Which professionals should you hire for your small business?
There are many professionals that you should consider hiring when starting a business. These professionals can help you with a variety of tasks, from marketing and sales to accounting and legal issues. By hiring the right professionals, you can focus on running your business and leave the rest to them.
Hire a Business Coach
When starting a business, it is important to have a business coach to help guide you through the process. A business coach can help you set goals and give you advice on how to reach them. They can also help you create a business plan and provide feedback on your ideas. In addition, a business coach can help you stay organized and motivated throughout the startup process. A great business coach will also share the importance of having the right mindset. Everything starts and ends with the right mindset.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Business Coach
- What are the business coach's qualifications?
- What is the business coach's coaching style?
- How much does the business coach charge?
- What services does the business coach offer?
- Does the business coach have any experience in starting a business?
- How often will the business coach meet with me?
- What is the business coach's policy on confidentiality?
Coach Jeremy Williams Helping Small Business Owners Soar Since 2010
Red Hawk Coaching is a business coaching company owned by Jeremy Williams. Jeremy has been a business coach for over 10 years and has helped many small business owners reach their goals. He offers a variety of services, including business planning, goal setting, and marketing advice. In addition, he offers one-on-one coaching sessions and group coaching programs.
Hire a Financial Advisor
Another important professional to hire when starting a business is a financial advisor. A financial advisor can help you establish a budget and track your expenses. They can also help you find financing for your business and advise you on investment opportunities. In addition, a financial advisor can help you create a retirement plan for yourself and your employees.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Financial Advisor
- What are the benefits of working with a financial advisor?
- What services do financial advisors offer?
- How much money should I save each month?
- How can I reduce my expenses without sacrificing my quality of life?
- Which investments are best for small businesses?
- What is the difference between an IRA and a 401k plan?
- When should I start planning for retirement?
How Can You Determine You've Got an Amazing Financial Advisor?
1. A financial advisor should be knowledgeable about a variety of financial topics, including investing, retirement planning, and estate planning.
2. A financial advisor should be able to develop a customized plan for your unique financial situation.
3. A financial advisor should be able to provide you with objective advice that is in your best interest.
4. A financial advisor should be up-front and honest about all of the fees they charge.
5. A financial advisor should have years of experience providing financial advice to clients.
6. A financial advisor should be well-connected with various lenders and investment firms.
7. A financial advisor should be able to provide you with regular updates on your finances.
8. A financial advisor should be able to work with you to create a long-term savings plan.
9. A financial advisor should be able to answer any questions you have about your finances.
10. A financial advisor should be trustworthy and reliable.
Hire an Accountant
An accountant can be a valuable asset to your business. They can help you keep track of your income and expenses, prepare financial statements, and file your taxes. In addition, an accountant can advise you on financial matters such as loans and investments.
Questions to Consider When Hiring an Accountant
- How do I know if I am making money?
- How do I file taxes as a small business?
- What is the difference between an LLC and a Corporation?
- When do I need to hire an accountant?
- What is the best way to track expenses?
- How can I reduce my tax liability?
What Makes a Great Accountant
1. Proven experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
2. Strong knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping principles.
3. Excellent math skills and attention to detail.
4. Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks software programs.
7. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
8 . Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited university.
9 . Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
10 . Reliable, trustworthy, and responsible individual.
Hire a Web Developer
If you plan on doing business online, it is important to hire a web developer. A web developer can help you create a professional website for your business. They can also help you market your website and improve your search engine ranking. In addition, a web developer can help you set up e-commerce capabilities on your website.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Web Developer
- What is your experience with developing small business websites?
- Do you have any examples of small business websites you've developed?
- How will you go about designing a website that reflects our business and appeals to our target customers?
- What are the costs associated with creating and maintaining a website?
- What kind of support do you offer after the site is launched?
What Makes an Amazing Web Developer for Your Small Business?
1. A web developer must be able to work independently and manage their time efficiently.
2. They should have superb problem-solving skills.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
4. Knowledge of multiple programming languages is a plus point.
5. Web developers must be up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in the market.
6. They must be able to collaborate with other team members seamlessly.
7. Good coding practices are essential for any developer.
8. Having a sharp eye for detail is critical.
9. Being able to think out of the box is an added advantage.
10. And lastly, being passionate about web development is a prerequisite.
Hire a Social Media Manager
If you want to use social media to promote your business, it is important to hire a social media manager. A social media manager can help you create and maintain a social media presence for your business. They can also help you create content, manage your online reputation, and engage with customers. In addition, a social media manager can help you measure the success of your social media campaigns.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Social Media Manager
- What platforms will you be managing?
- What is your experience with social media marketing?
- How would you develop a social media strategy for our business?
- Can you provide examples of campaigns you have run in the past?
- Do you have any ideas for boosting engagement on our social media pages?
- How much would you charge for your services?
What Makes a Great Social Media Manager Hire?
1. Knows the brand and what it represents.
2. Understands social media platforms and how to use them.
3. Is creative and has a good eye for design.
4. Can write well and generate engaging content.
5. Has a good understanding of analytics and how to measure success.
6. Is proactive and takes initiative.
7. Can work independently.
8. Is organized and efficient.
9. Has good customer service skills.
10. Is a team player.
Social Media Platforms Used by Small Business Owners
Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are all great social media platforms for small business owners to market their businesses. All of these platforms offer different features that can be used to reach a wider audience. For example, Twitter offers hashtags that can be used to reach a target audience, while Facebook offers paid advertising that can be used to specifically target customers. Instagram also offers paid advertising, as well as the ability to include links in posts, which can be used to direct customers to a website or product page.
Hire a Marketer
A marketer can help you promote your business and reach your target market. They can also help you create marketing materials, design advertising campaigns, and track your marketing efforts. In addition, a marketer can help you research your competition and develop marketing strategies.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Marketer
- What is the marketer's experience in working with small businesses?
- What strategies have they used to help businesses grow?
- How will they measure success for our business?
- What do they think are the best methods for marketing a small business?
- What kind of budget do we need to set aside for marketing?
How Do You Know You've Hired the Superstar Marketer?
1. Knows how to target and reach the right audience.
2. Understands the customer's needs and can speak to them in a way that resonates.
3. Excellent communication and writing skills.
4. Strategic thinker who can develop creative marketing campaigns.
5. Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
6. Driven and takes initiative to come up with new ideas.
7. Thoroughly research their industry and stay up-to-date on current trends.
8. Has a good understanding of digital marketing tools and how to use them effectively.
9. Possesses strong analytical skills and can track results of campaigns to measure ROI.
10. Passionate about helping businesses grow and succeed.
Hire a Salesperson
If you plan on selling products or services, it is important to hire a salesperson. A salesperson can help you develop a sales strategy, identify potential customers, and close deals. In addition, a salesperson can help you build relationships with customers and provide customer service.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Salesperson
- What are the responsibilities of a salesperson?
- What is the commission structure for a salesperson?
- How will the salesperson be paid?
- What is the goal of the salesperson position?
- Do we have a defined customer base for the salesperson to target?
- Is there a budget for hiring and training a new salesperson?
What Makes a Dynamite Salesperson?
1. Proven ability to sell.
2. Strong work ethic.
3. Positive attitude.
7. Driven to succeed.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. Team player.
Hire an Office Manager
An office manager can help you keep your business organized and running smoothly. They can also help you manage your employees, schedule appointments, and handle customer inquiries. In addition, an office manager can help you plan company events and maintain your office space.
Questions to Consider When Hiring an Office Manager
- What are the responsibilities of an office manager?
- What is the average salary for an office manager?
- What is the job outlook for office managers?
- How do I find qualified candidates for the office manager position?
- How can I create a job description for the office manager position?
What are the Attributes of a Solid Office Manager Hire?
1. A great office manager is organized and efficient.
2. They keep the office running smoothly and on schedule.
3. They can handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. They have excellent communication skills.
5. They can work well with others.
6. They are patient and calm under pressure.
7. They have a good sense of humor.
8. They are reliable and trustworthy.
9. They have a strong work ethic.
10. They are a team player and are willing to help out wherever needed.
Hire a Bookkeeper
A bookkeeper can help you keep track of your business finances. They can also help you prepare financial statements, file your taxes, and manage your accounts receivable and payable. In addition, a bookkeeper can help you create a budget and track your expenses.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Bookkeeper
- What are the qualifications for a bookkeeper?
- How much experience should a bookkeeper have?
- What is the average salary for a bookkeeper?
- How can I find qualified candidates for my open position?
- Are there any resources to help me through the hiring process?
How Do You Know You've Hired the Right Bookkeeper
1. A great bookkeeper is proactive and takes the initiative to keep the books up-to-date.
2. They have excellent attention to detail and are meticulous in their work.
3. They have a working knowledge of accounting principles and can apply them correctly.
4. They can work independently and take ownership of their work.
5. They are reliable and trustworthy, and can be counted on to get the job done.
6. They have strong problem-solving skills and can handle difficult challenges.
7. They are up-to-date on the latest software and technology used for bookkeeping purposes.
8. They have a good understanding of business operations and how to apply accounting principles within a business context.
9. They are patient and willing to teach others about bookkeeping if needed.
10. They have a passion for numbers and accounting, and enjoy keeping track of financial transactions.
Hire a Lawyer
If you are starting a business, it is important to hire a lawyer. A lawyer can help you with issues such as incorporating your business, drafting contracts, and protecting your intellectual property. In addition, a lawyer can help you resolve disputes and comply with regulations.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Lawyer
- What is the process of hiring a lawyer?
- How do I know if I need a lawyer?
- What are the benefits of having a lawyer on staff?
- How can a lawyer help my business grow?
- What should I look for when hiring a lawyer?
- Are there any legal restrictions on who can be hired as a lawyer?
What Can Hiring a Lawyer Do for Your Business?
1. Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge in business law that can help your business avoid costly mistakes.
2. A lawyer can you set up your business entity and structure, ensuring that you are operating within the bounds of the law.
3. A lawyer can draft or review contracts on behalf of your business, protecting your interests in case of a breach or dispute.
4. Lawyers can help you register trademarks and copyrights for your business, preventing others from using them without permission.
5. If you are facing litigation, a lawyer can represent you in court and fight to protect your rights and interests.
6. A lawyer can advise you on employment law issues such as hiring, firing, salary negotiation, and employee benefits.
7. Lawyers can help you comply with government regulations related to your industry or sector.
8. A lawyer can provide valuable insights on how to best protect your intellectual property.
9. Lawyers have extensive knowledge about local, state, and federal tax laws that may impact your business.
10. Hiring a lawyer is an investment in the long-term success of your small business
Hire an Insurance Agent
An insurance agent can help you find the right insurance policies for your business. They can also help you understand your coverage options and file claims. In addition, an insurance agent can help you compare rates and choose the best policy for your business.
Questions to Consider When Hiring an Insurance Agent
- How can I lower my business insurance premiums?
- What is the best type of business insurance for my company?
- What does business liability insurance cover?
- Does my company need workers' compensation insurance?
- How much commercial property coverage do I need?
What is the Benefit of Having the Right Insurance Agent for Your Small Business?
1. A great insurance agent can help small business owners find the best insurance products to protect their business.
2. Agents can help business owners understand what coverage they need and how to reduce their premiums.
3. An insurance agent can provide peace of mind by helping business owners recover from a disaster or accident.
4. An agent can assist in creating a risk management plan for a small business.
5. Agents have access to many carriers and can compare rates to find the best policies for their clients.
6. They know what coverages are available and how to customize them for each company’s needs.
7. A good agent will review a company’s current policies and make recommendations for changes or additions.
8. Insurance agents are experts in claims handling and often know which adjusters will handle claims quickly and fairly.
9. They can help with loss prevention measures that could save the company money.
10. Most importantly, an insurance agent provides personalized service, is always available to answer questions, and takes the time to build a relationship with his or her clients
Small businesses should consider hiring a variety of professionals to help them succeed. These professionals can include marketing and sales experts, accountants, and lawyers. By hiring the right people, you can focus on running your business while they take care of the rest. Do you need more help navigating the waters of being a business owner? Let Coach Jeremy Williams, Head Coach and Owner of Red Hawk Coaching be your guide. Contact Jeremy today.
Learn how coaching can change the trajectory of your business and life!